Sunday, November 05, 2006

 

Wonder Pets

Holly decided on this year's costumes. She wanted to be a Wonder Pet. She loves that show way too much. So I set out to find a costume. I look at stores. I look online. There are no Wonder Pet costumes. This made me more motivated to make it happen. I bought a simple duck costume to fit Holly at the used kids clothing store. It was $8. When Holly saw it, she said that it couldn't be Ming Ming the duck because the bill was orange and MM's is pink. She also needed a cape. I am not super crafty, but I can paint so I got to work. The finished costume is nice, but neither kid wanted to cooperate for a photo session. You have to use your imagination. Kemper's costume of Tuck the Turtle was a lot more work. I painted a bike helmet like a turtle shell and found him a green suit at a super cheap store called Savers. The suit cost $2. What a deal. I made two capes, one for each kid. Travis went to work on a "Fly Boat." As it turns out, the entire neighborhood of kids looooooooved the Fly Boat. All the kids under 5 knew exactly what it was and wanted to ride in it or have one of their own. Holly and Kemper still want to sit in it and be pulled around. It's so fun. Wonder Pets was a great idea.

Comments:
Great costumes, Sister! How blessed your children are to have a wonderful Mommy who makes extra effort to make special memories and fun experiences for them. I'm very proud of you. Thank you for sharing the photos. I need to see those two Wonder(ful) Pets soon.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]